Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring 2011 Wishlist : Bags

Alexander McQueen coveted Knuckle Duster Clutch is reworked again with 3D gold leaves and blossom on the rings. Pair this regal statement piece with a simple structured dress and platform heels to let all the attention focus on the beautiful work of art.
I'm in love with this Gucci Snaffle Bit Small Flap Leather Shoulder Bag when I first set my eyes on it. This bag has a ethical contrast top stitching and perforated at the middle of flap. Gucci's signature snaffle bit hardware is used as a snap closure. I love the white colour, but it also comes in purple and orange if you scare that white leather may get dirty. Priced at $1880, it is a little bit expensive for this little bag. It also has a sister in medium size, priced at $3300.
Although there're people out there saying this Gucci Handmade Large Leather Top Handle Bag looks like a Hermes or Chloe, but I just fell in love with it. It is a good carryall for us who like to throw all our stuff into our bag. The braided detailing give the bag a wicker basket feel. It has gold turn lock hardware (just like Hermes!). This Gucci bag is a whole lot more expensive than the small Gucci above-$5300.
The elegant Lady Dior bag is revamped during the spring 2011 collection. This is the version I like the most. Blue crocodile double handle, tweed fabric, blue cannage stitching, silver hardware..perfect. Perfect for brighten up an outfit.
Celine is famous for their good quality leather. This berry-coloured buttery soft leather is diferrent from the classic box bag which has a structured shape. I need to touch the leather in personal.
In Jean Paul Gaultier's last collection at Hermes, a wicker basket kelly bag was presented. If I carry this on street, maybe people will laugh at me or they'll think I'm insane to buy a Hermes picnic basket. But I don't think so. Carrying this basket-bag makes me feel like I'm the modern day Jane Birkin.
Named after Italian actress, Silvana Mangano, Fendi Silvana bag is a design from the house's archive. I like Fendi when they don't print their zucca monogram all over the bag. This bag has no monogram in sight, but behold-with a croc skin flap and no monogram, it cost $8026.90!!
Every season Chanel classic flap bag gets a new interpretation. Inspired by french garden, this white bag with black stitching looks fresh and clean. 
The new Mulberry Edie Bag is the hybrid of Bayswater and Alexa. It is the perfect carryall with the top handle and the detachable strap. I don't like pink, but this soft pink pastel shade is so tempting and perfect for spring.

Photos : Style.com, Celine, Mulberry

No comments:

Post a Comment